CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) INFORMATION
A note about CrescentCare and COVID-19
- Our testing is a walk-in testing site. You do not need an appointment.
- Open for testing Monday through Friday 9am to 2pm
- We have tents set up on the first floor of our garage at our 1631 Elysian Fields location. You can enter either through the garage on N. Derbigny or through the main entrance on Elysian Fields.
WHAT TO BRING
- Insurance card (if you have insurance).
- If you have insurance, we will bill your insurance for the test and the visit.
- If you do not have insurance, there is federal funding to support the cost of the test and visit.
- Everyone must wear a mask while on CrescentCare property.
WHO ARE WE TESTING?
- We’re currently testing EVERYONE for COVID-19. Those with the following symptoms are at highest risk: fever, cough, sore throat, breathing troubles, loss of taste or smell. Though these are the classic symptoms, we recognize the importance of testing everyone for the virus even if asymptomatic. If you feel you may have COVID-19, we can test you and find out.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I SHOW UP?
- If are not currently a patient at CrescentCare, we will ask you to fill out a patient registration form and consent form. Please make sure to write legible and fill out your contact information as this is how you will get your results. We will then enroll you in our electronic health record to help you receive your results quickly.
HOW LONG WILL I HAVE TO WAIT?
- The wait time depends on the number of people who come in for testing. Our staff work will do everything we can to make it as efficient as possible for everyone.
- We receive most test results within 5 days however, we do not have control over the lab’s turnaround time for results.
- The fastest way to get your results is to sign up for the patient portal. More information here. https://mycw109.ecwcloud.com/portal14997/jsp/100mp/login_otp.jsp
- If your test is positive you will also receive a call from our staff as soon as we receive your test results.
We are not currently offering antibody tests.
- We are not currently offering rapid point of care tests.
HOW TO READ YOUR RESULTS
- Not detected means the test was negative, and you do not have COVID-19.
- Detected means that the test result was positive.
HOW ARE WE KEEPING EVERYONE SAFE?
- Our staff do testing with full personal protective equipment in several tents, which are climate controlled and cleaned regularly for your safety. Our staff also clean the chairs and all items that individuals touch as part of the registration process.
If you have questions, please call us at 504-821-2601.
We will be asking all who enter our facilities the following questions:
- Do you have new symptoms associated with COVID-19 (in the last 2 weeks) such as fever, sore throat, cough, loss of taste or smell?
- If the answer is YES, would you like an urgent visit for this issue today? Please call or walk in to our testing site.
- If the answer is NO: We are requiring everyone to wear a mask for their appointments, please keep it on during your time at our facility for your safety and the safety of others.
About our podcast:
Begun on 3/17/2020, CrescentCare Public Updates podcast features CrescentCare’s Dr. Nicholas Van Sickels and guests answering your questions and providing timely and important information on the current COVID-19 outbreak. We’re adding new episodes semi-weekly; transcripts and more are available here.
Check out our COVID-19 resource page
We’re adding resources here for finding help with food, shelter, finance, counseling, applying for benefits and more. We’re making regular updates, so check back frequently.