Deeply Rooted | Branching Out
A campaign for a healthier New Orleans
CrescentCare is committed to its leadership role in bringing outstanding healthcare and wellness services to those most in need and actively helping to improve health outcomes and quality of life for the entire community. CrescentCare uses proven interventions and evidence-based practices in offering a broad range of health and wellness services to those most in need. CrescentCare has become a medical home for anyone seeking compassionate, affordable care regardless of ability to pay. With its holistic approach to healthcare that includes vital practical support services to help patients meet their basic needs, CrescentCare is making a significant difference to the communities it serves.
NO/AIDS Task Force is now CrescentCare
NO/AIDS Task Force d.b.a. CrescentCare was founded in 1983 in response to the early devastating effects of the AIDS epidemic in the New Orleans area. The organization began as a single phone line with an answering machine at a home in the Faubourg Marigny. The program expanded by offering an AIDS Information Center and Hotline in 1985. In 2013, we expanded our mission and services, becoming a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), and, as CrescentCare, we continue to grow rapidly to meet the needs of our diverse community in the changing health care environment.
Commentary from CEO Noel Twilbeck on launching our “We See You” Ad Campaign.
The Latest News and Updates from CrescentCare
- 3 New Orleans health providers named leaders in LGBT care | NOLA.comApril 5, 2018By Maria Clark NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune Three New | more »
- ‘Test and Treat’ approach to HIV epidemic could save livesMarch 30, 2018As a resident advisor at Tulane University, a former | more »
- How a pill could lower epidemic-level rates of HIV in New Orleans | NOLA.comMarch 29, 2018When Arthur Banks, 47, first heard a radio ad about a pill that could prevent HIV, he thought it was a scam.
- CrescentCare expands primary care, dental services in new comprehensive care facility | NOLA.comFebruary 20, 2018CrescentCare’s new comprehensive health center | more »
- NMTC-Financed Health Center Makes Big Difference in Big Easy | Novogradac & Company LLPFebruary 9, 2018CrescentCare, a health care organization that began | more »
- The PlanDecember 28, 2017At our new site, we’re putting the same great | more »
January 11, 2018
54,000 Square Foot Health Home at 1631 Elysian Fields is Being Constructed to Revolutionize Health Outcomes in New Orleans.
January 10th 2018 – CrescentCare, a Federally Qualified Health Center which grew out of the NO/AIDS Task Force, has grown at an exponential pace in the past few years. To meet growing need, the agency made plans to build a new health center which will more than double its capacity to serve the community. The new site is going up at 1631 Elysian Fields, and by early 2019 will be offering primary medical care, dental care, behavioral health, and other supportive services for the greater New Orleans area. To complete the building, the agency needs $4 million more of the total cost, approximately $32 million. CrescentCare is turning to the community for this vital funding.