Deeply Rooted | Branching Out
A campaign for a healthier New Orleans
Bringing Healthcare and Wellness to Those Most in Need
Our Services Include:
CrescentCare is committed to its leadership role in bringing outstanding healthcare and wellness services to those most in need and actively helping to improve health outcomes and quality of life for the entire community. CrescentCare uses proven interventions and evidence-based practices in offering a broad range of health and wellness services to those most in need.
CrescentCare has become a medical home for anyone seeking compassionate, affordable care regardless of ability to pay. With its holistic approach to healthcare that includes vital practical support services to help patients meet their basic needs, CrescentCare is making a significant difference to the communities it serves.
What We’re Up To
NO/AIDS Task Force is now CrescentCare
NO/AIDS Task Force d.b.a. CrescentCare was founded in 1983 in response to the early devastating effects of the AIDS epidemic in the New Orleans area. The organization began as a single phone line with an answering machine at a home in the Faubourg Marigny. The program expanded by offering an AIDS Information Center and Hotline in 1985. In 2013, we expanded our mission and services, becoming a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), and, as CrescentCare, we continue to grow rapidly to meet the needs of our diverse community in the changing health care environment.
Commentary from CEO Noel Twilbeck on launching our “We See You” Ad Campaign.
The Latest News and Updates from CrescentCare
- ‘Pride Prom’ May 11 celebrates LGBT youthMay 10, 2018Bounce royalty Big Freedia will headline a ⇒
- Reach Out and ReadSeptember 5, 2017CrescentCare received a grant from the Entergy ⇒
- Community Health Worker ProjectsSeptember 5, 2017CrescentCare recently received funding from ⇒
- New Health Center!August 17, 2017On August 15, CrescentCare broke ground on its ⇒
- It’s time for Food For Friends’ Annual Pie Sale!!November 1, 2018Order now for pickup or buy five or more pies and we'll deliver them to your door. Four great flavors, one great cause. Order by November 16th!
- NO/AIDS receives largest individual gift in its history to fund Capital CampaignSeptember 26, 2018Jeanne and Alexander Kaiser in their earlier and →
- Substance Treatment, Behavioral Health move to 3308 Tulane, 3rd FloorSeptember 10, 2018We recently completed the construction and move →
- CDC says spread of STDs at all time highAugust 31, 2018CDC says spread of STDs at all time highNEW →
- Updates on our move to Elysian Fields …August 9, 2018Check our moving page for the latest info on ⇒
- CrescentCare expands primary care, dental services in new comprehensive care facility | NOLA.comFebruary 20, 2018CrescentCare’s new comprehensive health ⇒
- NMTC-Financed Health Center Makes Big Difference in Big Easy | Novogradac & Company LLPFebruary 9, 2018CrescentCare, a health care organization that ⇒
- The PlanDecember 28, 2017At our new site, we’re putting the same ⇒
October 26, 2018
CrescentCare is set to move into our new 65,000 square foot building at 1631 Elysian Fields starting at the beginning of November with our prevention programs. Primary medical care, behavioral health, legal services and all other supportive services will be moving at the end of November, and we will start seeing patients and clients at the new facility on December 3rd.