Utilities Payment Support

  • Energy Assistance: Entergy disconnections are currently suspended but pay as much of your bills as possible to keep them from accumulating to an unmanageable level.
  • Total Community Actionenergy assistance program: call 504-324-8609 to schedule an eligibility appointment or visit https://www.tca-nola.org/clientservices-2/energy-services/ to apply online. For crisis support (if already have a disconnection notice), instead call 504-882-7181
  • Entergy payment plans: www.entergy.com/covid-19/assistance/
  • Sewage and Water Board6+-month Payment Plans: Call 504-529-2837
  • If elderly or disabled:
  • Power to Care Utility Assistance Program helps qualified seniors and people with disabilities with utility bill payments. Call New Orleans Council on Aging at 504-821-4121.
  • Water Help Program offerscredit for water bills ($200) and plumbing repairs ($250). Apply in person at: Total Community Action, 1424 South Jefferson Davis Parkway.
  • StVincent de Paul Utilities Assistance: Sometimes has funding for utilities assistance when at risk of homelessness. Call 504-827-5842 or find a participating church at  svdpneworleans.org/get-help/