CrescentCare offers health education to any individual receiving medical care at a CresentCare site. In addition, CrescentCare offers health education to individuals not receiving medical at CrescentCare if the individual has an HIV diagnosis. Health education services include smoking/nicotine cessation counseling, safer sex strategies, PrEP information, and peer counseling to those living with HIV. Health education services are offered in individual or group sessions. Health education services are available at the following clinic locations during regular business hours Monday – Friday (appointments can be made during non-traditional hours): CrescentCare Specialty Center (2601 Tulane Ave.) and CrescentCare Health and Wellness Center (3308 Tulane Ave.). Please call or walk-in to schedule an appointment.
Health Education Groups:
- Life Skills: a continuous learning group open to any interested community member
- Smoking Cessation: open to those referred by their CrescentCare medical provider or case manager who would like to reduce or quit smoking tobacco
- Sister Love: general support group open to women who are living with HIV
- Brother-to-Brother: open to men of color who are living with HIV
- Let’s Talk: open to those who are living with HIV
- Groupo de Apoyo para Latinos: Para los clients que hablan espanol y estan interesados en aprender mas sobre el VIH y pasar tiempo con otros Latinos VIH+.
- AdHeroes: open to individuals committed to following their HIV treatment plan 100% of the time
- Posilience: a health & wellness workshop created by individuals living with HIV for individuals living with HIV
- Young Men’s Group: open to men ages 18-25 who are living with HIV
- HEROES for Harm Reduction: open to individuals who are living with HIV and are striving to live their lives free substance use/misuse
- Girlfriends: psychosocial support group open to women who are living with HIV
- Men of Meaningful Miracles (MMM): general support group open to men who are living with HIV
- Women Owning Womanhood (WOW): general support group open to women who are living with HIV