Our Current Board:
Board Co-Chair: 2016-June 2018
Board Co-Chair: 2017-June 2019
IWES Chip Program Coordinator
Jeffrey Coco, MD
Touro Chief Medical Officer
Teacher & Response to Intervention Coordinator
KIPP New Orleans Schools
Bill Leech, Jr.
Manager, Personal Trainer
Licensed Insurance Agent
American National Life Insurance
Raymond Poliquit, M.D. FAAP
Trustee: December 2016-2019
Stephanie Tortu PhD
Trustee: December 2016-2019
Professor, Associate Dean of Research
LSU School of Public Health
Staff Attorney Housing Unit
Southeast Legal Services
Interested in joining our Board?
Here’s some background on the Board and what’s involved.
CrescentCare (previously the NO/AIDS Task Force) is a non-profit, 501(c)3 community-based organization whose mission is to offer comprehensive health and wellness services to the community, to advocate empowerment, to safeguard the rights and dignity of individuals, and to provide for an enlightened public. CrescentCare’s budget is $46 million with a staff of over 275 individuals.
NO/AIDS Task Force was founded in response to the HIV/AIDS epidemic in the 1980s and has served the community in New Orleans for 33 years. In 2013, the organization expanded its mission, became a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), and changed its name to CrescentCare. It offers an array of services including primary medical care, dental, behavioral health, case management, health education, food and nutrition, housing, legal services, financial coaching, counseling and testing for HIV, Hepatitis C and other infectious diseases, and a syringe access program.
- Representative of the community and patient population (sex, gender, ethnicity)
- 51% of board members must receive care at CrescentCare
- No more than one half (50%) of the non-consumer board members may derive more than 10% of their annual income from the health care industry.
- Between 11 and 25 members (we currently have 14 members)
- The needed professional skills and experience to support the organization (finance, medical, real estate, legal, etc.)
- Applications are referred to the Board of Trustees’ Governance/Nominating Committee – along with any information the applicant provides (résumé/CV, biographical sketch)
- The Governance/Nominating Committee reviews the application and makes a recommendation to the Board.
- New terms start July 1st and the term is 3 years. Board members may serve two consecutive three year terms.
Board Member duties and responsibilities include:
- Attend Board meetings (usually held on the first Monday evening of every month at 6:00 pm at 2601 Tulane Ave.). The meetings usually last about an hour and half
- Serve on at least one committee of the Board (Governance, Quality, or Finance)
- Support the fund development efforts of the Agency to the extent possible
- Approve policies, hours of operation, locations
- Ensure effective, efficient, and financially sound operation of the agency
- Short and Long Term Strategic Planning
- Evaluate the CEO
- Board self-evaluation
- Serve as an advocate and ambassador for the organization
- Duty of care, loyalty, and obedience to the organization
If you are interested in more information about joining the Board, please contact Bren Broussard (504) 821-2601 x 144.
Online Application coming soon!